Answers to clues are placed horizontally in rows to reveal an answer written vertically. Unlike the familiar acrostic puzzle format, the final answer can be in any column.
1) Scaffolding protein
2) Filariasis spread by deer fly or mango fly
3) Cardiac anomaly with tricuspid valve displaced toward apex of right ventricle
4) Negri bodies 100% diagnostic
5) X-linked collagen disorder
6) Plural synonym for hordeola
Find in the vertical columns (Table 1): Classic contributor to Québécois cardiomyopathy.
Cobalt beer drinker's disease (Table 2)
Patients drank beer to which cobalt was added, leading to a new disease entity in chronic beer drinkers consisting of pericardial effusion, a low cardiac output, and polycythemia in about half of the cases. (Source: Kesteloot H, Roelandt J, Willems J, Claes JH, Joossens JV.An enquiry into the role of cobalt in the heart disease of chronic beer drinkers. Circulation. 1968;37:854-64. [PMID: 5646867])