Regents, Treasurer nominations
The Nominations Committee has begun the process of seeking candidates to fill Regent positions on the Board that will become vacant in 2010. The position of Treasurer will also open in 2010.
Candidates for Regent must be Fellows or Masters of the College. They should be strong leaders, have a commitment to understanding and supporting all of internal medicine, and a willingness to work hard for the College, particularly, a commitment that goes beyond the honorific benefits of being a Regent and includes responding and contributing to the work of the Board and the College.
Candidates for Treasurer do not need to be current member of the Board of Regents, but will become a member of the Board as Treasurer.
They will be a member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Regents, and Chair of the Finance Committee. Treasurer candidates should:
- be experienced and/or comfortable with investments, pensions, insurance and financial management issues;
- have proven leadership ability in order to guide the Finance Committee toward effective decision making;
- be willing to devote the time necessary to become familiar with the College’s financial policies and practices;
- have the ability to work with College management; and
- possess the ability to make financial matters and recommendations understandable to persons with little or no financial background.
All candidates must submit (a) a letter of nomination (not from the nominee); (b) two letters of support (from two individuals other than the nominator); and (c) their Curriculum Vitae to Florence Moore in ACP’s Executive Office by May 15, 2009. Letters of nomination should include the following sections:
- Brief description of the nominee’s current activities
- Special attributes the candidate would bring to the BOR in terms of the desired characteristics outlined above
- Previous and current service in College related activities
- Service in organizations other than the College (medical and non-medical)
- Identification of two individuals who will write letters of support for the candidate
Letters of support do not have specific content or format, but will be most useful if they focus on the candidate’s qualifications and how they would contribute to the BOR and College. Letters of support from last year may be used again with consent of the author.
Please send your confidential nominations no later than May 15 by e-mail, regular mail or fax to:
ATTN: Mrs. Florence Moore
American College of Physicians
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106-1572
If you have any questions, please contact Florence Moore toll free at (800) 523-1546, ext 2814, or direct at (215) 351-2814.
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Live Simulcast!
Unable to attend the meeting this year? On Saturday, May 2, seven sessions will be streamed live from the meeting. Register for the simulcast and earn CME credit after watching each session. Watch it live or download for later viewing.