ACP has released a new set of clinical cases in five topic areas in its High Value Care (HVC) program, designed to help physicians learn how to eliminate unnecessary health care costs and improve patient outcomes.
These updated, interactive cases can be completed in 30 to 60 minutes on a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Take-home tools are available for download to help physicians incorporate HVC principles into their practices.
The new topics on adult care include:
- eliminating health care waste;
- estimating the impact of insurance on patients' outcomes;
- performing cost-effective cancer screening;
- ensuring high-value hospitalization; and
- overcoming barriers to high-value care.
All cases are eligible for CME/MOC credit and are available for free online.
For more HVC resources, including pediatric cases, the High Value Care Coordination Toolkit, and more, visit ACP's website.