Crossed Words: Spitting into the wind
Answers to clues are placed horizontally in rows to reveal an answer written vertically. Unlike the familiar acrostic puzzle format, the final answer can be in any column.
1) Try foxglove if this ails ye
2) Missing this leafy vitamin not benign in pregnancy
3) In full bloom, e.g., sepsis
4) Syndrome of short stature and high cancer risk
5) An opening, e.g., esophageal, adductor, sacral
6) Gone after valve surgery, so B.B. King might sing
7) The way to a man’s stomach may really be this structure
The puzzle answer grid is here.
Photo by Thinkstock
The puzzle answer is here.
Commonly found in the lower pole of the parotid gland, Warthin’s tumor is a benign neoplasm with a proliferative epithelial component of the salivary gland epithelium and the lymphoid stroma. Source: Saxena A, Memauri B, Hasegawa W. Initial diagnosis of small lymphocytic lymphoma in parotidectomy for Warthin tumour, a rare collision tumour. J Clin Pathol. 2005;58:331-3. [PMID:15735173]
Bonus answer: Stimuli
The external senses we use to navigate our environment include touch and pain, sight, smell, taste, sound and equilibrium (via the inner ear). These induce responses in our nervous system, our muscular systems, our endocrine systems, and our digestive systems. Source: Wikipedia, online).
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Digital Presentations
Choose from over 170 recorded Scientific Program Sessions and Pre-Courses. Available in a variety of packages and formats so you can choose the combination that works best for you.