Crossed Words: Toxic assets
By Justin Vader, MD, ACP Associate Member
Answers to clues are placed horizontally in rows to reveal an answer written vertically. Unlike the familiar acrostic puzzle format, the final answer can be in any column.
1) Hematophagy helper for leeches
2) ____________ aminotransferase
3) In the anatomic hepatic lobule, it is between the periportal and centrilobular zone
4) Chemical agent responsible for zombification in the “Return of the Living Dead” series
5) First isolated from ox bile, now “gives you wings”
6) Adjective when Reynolds number is low
Find in the vertical columns (puzzle grid): Connection between an infamous beach, an infamous canal, and the Ukraine.
Dioxin (puzzle answer)
Love Canal in Niagara Falls, N.Y. Times Beach, Mo. Ukraine’s Viktor Yushchenko. All were poisoned by dioxin, one of a family of 75 chemically-related compounds commonly known as chlorinated dioxins. One of these compounds is called 2,3,7,8-TCDD. It is one of the most toxic of the family and is one of the most studied. (Source: CDC online)
Photo by iStockPhoto
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine 2014 Advance Program Now Online
Details about Internal Medicine 2014's robust offerings are now available on our Website! Use the online Schedule Planner to build and save your own schedule.
New from ACP: Free High Value Care Cases
Free MOC and CME Credit with easy online submission
HVC Cases provide:
Get started now with your ACP user name and password!