The Governance Policy Committee (GPC) oversees the process for nominating and electing Masters and Fellows of the College to the Board of Regents (BOR) and is beginning the process of seeking Regents to join the Board in May 2011.
The GPC will strive to represent the diversity within internal medicine on ACP's Board of Regents. Important general qualifications include commitment to ACP, dependability, leadership qualities, and the ability to represent the College in numerous and diverse arenas. Regent nominees must be Fellows or Masters of the College.
Regent candidates must submit a letter of nomination (not from the candidate) and two letters of support (from two individuals other than the nominator) by August 1.
Letters of nomination should include the following sections:
- brief description of the nominee's current activities,
- special attributes the candidate would bring to the BOR in terms of the desired characteristics outlined above,
- previous and current service in College related activities,
- service in organizations other than the College (medical and non-medical), and
- identification of two individuals who will write letters of support for the candidate.
Letters of support do not need to have specific content or format, but will be most useful if they focus on the candidate's qualifications and how they would contribute to the BOR and College.
Send confidential nominations to:
Governance Policy Committee
ATTN: Mrs. Florence Moore
American College of Physicians
190 N. Independence Mall West
Philadelphia, PA 19106-1572
Only candidates who submit a letter of nomination and two letters of support by August 1 will be advanced to the GPC for review.
If you have any questions, please contact Florence Moore toll free at (800) 523-1546, ext. 2814, or direct at (215) 351-2814.