Find mentoring and networking events that work for you
Celebrate, learn, network, or relax with these special programs at Internal Medicine 2009. Choose the events that best fit your needs and your schedule.
- Reception for African American Physicians (Friday, 6:00–8:00 p.m., Philadelphia Marriott, Salon E): Attend a brief program about access to care under the Obama presidency followed by socializing and networking with African American physicians and medical students, their colleagues, and College leadership. *
- Medical Student, Associate, and Young Physician Recognition Reception (Saturday, 6:30–7:30 p.m., Philadelphia Marriott, Salons C/D): Join us to recognize the winners of the Medical Student and Associate Poster Competitions and the 2009 ACP Doctor’s Dilemma Championship. Meet and network with members of the Council of Student Members, Council of Associates, and Council of Young Physicians.
- Medical Students Mentoring Breakfast (Saturday, 7:00–8:30 a.m., Philadelphia Marriott, Salons C/D): Take advantage of this opportunity for medical students to meet with internist mentors to discuss career options in internal medicine. **
- Young Physicians Mentoring Breakfast (Friday, 7:00–9:00 a.m., Philadelphia Marriott, Salon H): Network with more experienced physicians, learn about advancing to Fellowship, and discuss common problems related to medical practice today. **
- Associates Luncheon Forum: 2009 (Friday, 12:45–2:15 p.m., Convention Center, Room 108): Meet your Council of Associates representatives and voice issues and concerns important to you.
- Fifth Annual Internal Medicine Residency Fair (Saturday, 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m., Convention Center, Exhibit Hall B): Introduce yourself to representatives of residency programs from around the U.S. and gather information about their programs.
- Networking Luncheon for Women Physicians (Friday, 12:45–2:15 p.m., Philadelphia Marriott, Salons B/C/D): Meet new friends, share experiences, and discuss challenges facing women physicians in practice today. **
- Volunteerism Networking Luncheon (Thursday, 12:45–2:15 p.m., Convention Center, Room 109): Share plans, tell stories about your volunteer experiences, or gain information about medical volunteer work within the U.S. and internationally. **
- Fellows and Masters Lounge (Thursday-Saturday, Convention Center, open during Exhibit Hall hours): Check your e-mail, meet with colleagues and friends, and relax between activities while enjoying light refreshments and snacks.
- Medical Student–Associate–Young Physician Hospitality Area (Thursday–Friday, 9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Convention Center, Exhibit Hall B): Have coffee with friends and colleagues while relaxing between sessions.
- * Pre-registration is requested but not required. If you are interested in attending please send an e-mail.
- ** Please note that although there is no charge for this event, attendees must present a ticket to enter. Reservations can be made online by clicking the link for Reserved Session Ticket Requests at the end of the page, selecting the date of the event, Mentoring/Networking as the classification, and checking the box by the event of interest. You must be logged in to access your registration record for Internal Medicine 2009.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals—FREE to ACP Members!
ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world’s top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.