ACP’s Top Five 2008 IMIG Finalists
ACP provides Internal Medicine Interest Group medical students with the tools they need to succeed in medical school as well as opportunities to enrich their medical school education. ACP informs medical students about the valuable resources available as ACP Medical Student Members including awareness of careers in internal medicine.
An internal medicine interest group (IMIG) is a group of medical students who meet regularly to learn about internal medicine and to establish communication with faculty and other students who share similar interests. Most internal medicine interest groups have a faculty advisor who provides guidance, assists with the program, and lends continuity to the group.
The 2008 ACP Internal Medicine Interest Group program closed on December 31, 2008. The program allowed internal medicine interest groups the opportunity to participate in the sponsorship program, and earn funding based on the number of students who sign up for ACP membership. Learn more about the top five schools this year and what their interest groups have done:
- John A. Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii enrolled 77% of their students in the ACP 2008 IMIG program.
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine enrolled 76% of their students in the ACP 2008 IMIG program.
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine enrolled 61% of their students in the ACP 2008 IMIG program.
- University of Mississippi School of Medicine enrolled 61% of their students in the ACP 2008 IMIG program.
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans enrolled 60% of their students in the ACP 2008 IMIG program.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2nd Edition
This new edition reflects recent clinical and social changes and continues to present the important issues facing practitioners and their LGBT patients. Read more about the Guide. Also see ACP’s recent policy position paper on LGBT health disparities.
Join Us in Washington, DC for the Most Comprehensive Meeting in Internal Medicine
Register now and enjoy:
Discounted rates, the best national faculty, a wealth of clinical and practice management topics and hands-on sessions! Learn more about the meeting.