ACP members in the news
College members win AMA leadership awards
The AMA Foundation recently gave leadership awards to a group that included 16 College members.
Ms Hsu (center) receives a leadership award from AMA Foundation President Joseph Riggs, MD, (left) and AMA President Yank D. Coble Jr., MACP (right).
The organization's leadership award program recognizes 25 medical students, 25 residents and fellows, and 25 young physicians who have exhibited outstanding leadership abilities in organized medicine or community affairs.
The following ACP members received awards at a March ceremony in Washington:
- Gregory Ayers, ACP Associate, Birmingham, Ala.
- Vikram Bakhru, ACP Medical Student Member, Washington
- Lisa Erlich, ACP Associate, Houston
- Mary Jo Fidler, ACP Associate, Chicago
- Adam J. Gordon, ACP Associate, Pittsburgh
- David T. Grande, ACP Associate, Philadelphia
- Karen Hsu, ACP Medical Student Member, Iowa City, Iowa (Ms. Hsu is Chair of the College's Council of Student Members.)
- Munish Khaneja, ACP Associate, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Sarah Kureshi, ACP Medical Student Member, Rochester, Minn.
- Maj. Richard Malish, ACP Associate, U.S. Army
- Dipesh Navsaria, ACP Medical Student Member, Champaign, Ill.
- Maria del Pilar Ortega, ACP Medical Student Member, Chicago
- Louis J. Papa, ACP Associate, Fairport, N.Y.
- Scott E. Shapiro, ACP Associate, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Sara Wasserbauer, ACP Associate, Denver (Dr. Wasserbauer is a member of the College's Council of Associates.)
- David E. Winchester, ACP Medical Student Member, Tampa, Fla.
New deputy director appointed at NIH
Raynard S. Kington, ACP Member, has been named deputy director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Dr. Kington has served as director of the NIH's office of behavioral and social sciences research. He also served as acting director of the NIH's National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
Before joining the NIH, Dr. Kington worked at the CDC, where he led the national health and nutrition examination survey. He had previously worked at the Rand Corporation.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Sign-up for Physician & Practice Timeline® text alerts and never miss another regulatory deadline!
Triggered text alerts aimed at keeping you on top of upcoming deadlines and details related to regulatory, payment, and delivery system requirements are available FREE of charge!
See sign-up instructions.
Pre-order MKSAP17 Complete and Save 15%!
Enter priority code PR58 when ordering. Limited time only. Order now.