College recognizes 11 internists for their work in advocacy
Serafino Garella, FACP, Governor for the College's Illinois Northern Chapter and founder of a free clinic for uninsured patients in Chicago, was honored as this year's Key Contact of the Year during Leadership Day events held in Washington in May. He was recognized not only for how frequently he contacted his federal representatives about health care issues, but also for the quality of those contacts, including extensive telephone calls, visits to Washington and personalized messages about how health care issues were affecting patients in legislators' districts and states.
The College also named the following Key Contact Special Recognition Winners for 2002:
- Dawn E. Clancy, FACP, South Carolina
- John F. Fieselmann, FACP, Iowa
- Mahendr S. Kochar, FACP, Wisconsin
- Mark E. Mayer, FACP, Ohio
- Clinton J. McGrew, ACP-ASIM Member, Florida
- Kenneth R. Ratzan, FACP, Florida
- William A. Reynolds, MACP, Montana
- David E. Sandvik, FACP, South Dakota
- Bruce C. Smith, FACP, Washington
- Kouichi R. Tanaka, MACP, California
Internist Archives Quick Links
Annals Virtual Patients Series 1-4 Available
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique online patient simulator that helps you learn while you earn CME Credit and MOC Points.
Start your journey now.
ACP keeps you on target to earn MOC Points
December 2015 is the deadline for most internists participating in ABIM MOC to earn some MOC points. Review our stimulating and rewarding options.