College recognizes 11 internists for their work in advocacy
Serafino Garella, FACP, Governor for the College's Illinois Northern Chapter and founder of a free clinic for uninsured patients in Chicago, was honored as this year's Key Contact of the Year during Leadership Day events held in Washington in May. He was recognized not only for how frequently he contacted his federal representatives about health care issues, but also for the quality of those contacts, including extensive telephone calls, visits to Washington and personalized messages about how health care issues were affecting patients in legislators' districts and states.
The College also named the following Key Contact Special Recognition Winners for 2002:
- Dawn E. Clancy, FACP, South Carolina
- John F. Fieselmann, FACP, Iowa
- Mahendr S. Kochar, FACP, Wisconsin
- Mark E. Mayer, FACP, Ohio
- Clinton J. McGrew, ACP-ASIM Member, Florida
- Kenneth R. Ratzan, FACP, Florida
- William A. Reynolds, MACP, Montana
- David E. Sandvik, FACP, South Dakota
- Bruce C. Smith, FACP, Washington
- Kouichi R. Tanaka, MACP, California
Internist Archives Quick Links
Prescribe Opioids Safely
Access this FREE online educational program to help you safely prescribe opioids and manage patients with chronic pain. Online CME is available. Find out more.
Inspire the Next Generation of Medicine
Contribute to the ACP Education Fund and support our profession and the young minds starting their careers.
Share your love of medicine by making a charitable donation today! All donations are tax-deductible.