College recognizes 11 internists for their work in advocacy
Serafino Garella, FACP, Governor for the College's Illinois Northern Chapter and founder of a free clinic for uninsured patients in Chicago, was honored as this year's Key Contact of the Year during Leadership Day events held in Washington in May. He was recognized not only for how frequently he contacted his federal representatives about health care issues, but also for the quality of those contacts, including extensive telephone calls, visits to Washington and personalized messages about how health care issues were affecting patients in legislators' districts and states.
The College also named the following Key Contact Special Recognition Winners for 2002:
- Dawn E. Clancy, FACP, South Carolina
- John F. Fieselmann, FACP, Iowa
- Mahendr S. Kochar, FACP, Wisconsin
- Mark E. Mayer, FACP, Ohio
- Clinton J. McGrew, ACP-ASIM Member, Florida
- Kenneth R. Ratzan, FACP, Florida
- William A. Reynolds, MACP, Montana
- David E. Sandvik, FACP, South Dakota
- Bruce C. Smith, FACP, Washington
- Kouichi R. Tanaka, MACP, California
Internist Archives Quick Links
Not an ACP Member?
Join today and discover the benefits waiting for you.
ACP offers different categories of membership depending on your career stage and professional status. View options, pricing and benefits.
A New Way to Ace the Boards!
Ensure you're board-exam ready with ACP's Board Prep Ace - a multifaceted, self-study program that prepares you to pass the ABIM Certification Exam in internal medicine. Learn more.