College recognizes 11 internists for their work in advocacy
Serafino Garella, FACP, Governor for the College's Illinois Northern Chapter and founder of a free clinic for uninsured patients in Chicago, was honored as this year's Key Contact of the Year during Leadership Day events held in Washington in May. He was recognized not only for how frequently he contacted his federal representatives about health care issues, but also for the quality of those contacts, including extensive telephone calls, visits to Washington and personalized messages about how health care issues were affecting patients in legislators' districts and states.
The College also named the following Key Contact Special Recognition Winners for 2002:
- Dawn E. Clancy, FACP, South Carolina
- John F. Fieselmann, FACP, Iowa
- Mahendr S. Kochar, FACP, Wisconsin
- Mark E. Mayer, FACP, Ohio
- Clinton J. McGrew, ACP-ASIM Member, Florida
- Kenneth R. Ratzan, FACP, Florida
- William A. Reynolds, MACP, Montana
- David E. Sandvik, FACP, South Dakota
- Bruce C. Smith, FACP, Washington
- Kouichi R. Tanaka, MACP, California
Internist Archives Quick Links
Sign-up for Physician & Practice Timeline® text alerts and never miss another regulatory deadline!
Triggered text alerts aimed at keeping you on top of upcoming deadlines and details related to regulatory, payment, and delivery system requirements are available FREE of charge!
See sign-up instructions.
Pre-order MKSAP17 Complete and Save 15%!
Enter priority code PR58 when ordering. Limited time only. Order now.