College recognizes 11 internists for their work in advocacy
Serafino Garella, FACP, Governor for the College's Illinois Northern Chapter and founder of a free clinic for uninsured patients in Chicago, was honored as this year's Key Contact of the Year during Leadership Day events held in Washington in May. He was recognized not only for how frequently he contacted his federal representatives about health care issues, but also for the quality of those contacts, including extensive telephone calls, visits to Washington and personalized messages about how health care issues were affecting patients in legislators' districts and states.
The College also named the following Key Contact Special Recognition Winners for 2002:
- Dawn E. Clancy, FACP, South Carolina
- John F. Fieselmann, FACP, Iowa
- Mahendr S. Kochar, FACP, Wisconsin
- Mark E. Mayer, FACP, Ohio
- Clinton J. McGrew, ACP-ASIM Member, Florida
- Kenneth R. Ratzan, FACP, Florida
- William A. Reynolds, MACP, Montana
- David E. Sandvik, FACP, South Dakota
- Bruce C. Smith, FACP, Washington
- Kouichi R. Tanaka, MACP, California
Internist Archives Quick Links
Superior MOC Solutions from ACP
Meet your requirements with our approved activities. See details.
Making the Most of Your ICD-10 Transition
To help you and your practice make a smooth and successful transition to ICD-10 coding, ACP and ICD-10 content developers have created multiple resources available at discounted rates for ACP members.