- Book on drugs in renal failure available for handheld computers
- Coming soon: free immunization toolkit
The ACP-ASIM book, "Drug Prescribing in Renal Failure," is now available for handheld computers that use the Palm operating system.
The book contains information on more than 450 drugs, making it the most extensive collection of drug-dosing information for patients with impaired renal function.
The electronic version of the book allows physicians to determine drug dosages with the tap of a button. It also contains a tool to easily calculate glomerular filtration rate and ideal body weight.
The handheld application costs $19.95. The handheld application and the "Drug Prescribing in Renal Failure" book can be purchased together for $34.95 ($39.95 for nonmembers).
For more information and a free demo version, visit www.acponline.org/pda. Because the product is available only as a download from the Web, copies must be ordered online.
Later this spring, the ACP-ASIM Adult Immunization Initiative will release an electronic toolkit designed to help internists step up their use of immunizations.
The Adult Immunization Toolkit will be mailed in early April to all College members who are general internists. (The product will be available to all other members who request one.) The CD-ROM will include the following immunization resources:
- immunization information from the CDC (CME credit is available);
- electronic copies of all educational materials developed by the Adult Immunization Initiative;
- vaccine reference information that can be used on handheld computers;
- a guide for billing and coding for adult immunizations;
- a presentation that includes slides and talking points for members who want to educate the public about adult immunization; and
- the Adult Immunization Harmonized Schedule from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
Copies of the CD-ROM Toolkit will also be available at the Adult Immunization Booth in the exhibit hall at Annual Session 2002.
For more information on the Adult Immunization Initiative, contact Matt Smith at email@example.com or 800-523-1546, ext. 2602.
Internist Archives Quick Links
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.