New course will help mid-career internists pass the boards
Next year, mid-career internists who aren't board certified will be able to participate in a board review course designed specifically for them.
Starting in January, ACPASIM and the National Medical Association (NMA) will unveil a new educational program that was funded by a grant from the ACPASIM Foundation. The College and the NMA have worked together for the past year to design the course because a significant number of their members are not board certified.
The course will differ from other board preparation programs in two significant ways.
- First, most board review courses are designed for internists who recently completed training and are up-to-date on the latest medical care trends. By contrast, the new course will be designed for practicing internists who may need to get up to speed on the latest clinical developments.
- Second, the course schedule does not require internists to leave their busy practices for days at a time. Instead, the new program will be held one evening per week from Jan. 17 through June 27 in Los Angeles and Philadelphia.
The course will help participants do the following:
- Assess strengths and weaknesses in their knowledge of internal medicine;
- Apply course information to patient care;
- Use the syllabus as a springboard to further study of the medical literature; and
- Use the question-and-answer sessions as a self-assessment tool.
Course participants will also have an opportunity to take practice exams that use questions similar in content and format to the certification exam.
For a course brochure, call the College's Customer Service Department at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2nd Edition
This new edition reflects recent clinical and social changes and continues to present the important issues facing practitioners and their LGBT patients. Read more about the Guide. Also see ACP’s recent policy position paper on LGBT health disparities.
Join Us in Washington, DC for the Most Comprehensive Meeting in Internal Medicine
Register now and enjoy:
Discounted rates, the best national faculty, a wealth of clinical and practice management topics and hands-on sessions! Learn more about the meeting.