April 2000 issue:
- In the country's best bull market, many in medicine feel left behind
- Dealing with older, impaired drivers
- College comments on HHS privacy proposal
- Medicare should pay drug makers like it pays doctors
- Trouble at Aetna U.S. Healthcare: good or bad news for doctors?
- News briefs
- Quick ways to recognize—and cope with—illiteracy
- OIG's new rules on how to steer clear of kickbacks
- A Guide to using CPT codes in the inpatient setting
- Patient satisfaction surveys: how to do them right
You need to ask the right questions, get enough responses—and then put the information to good use
- Buying medical supplies online: the next big thing?
Web sites promise big savings, but doctors may not abandon the 'feet on the street' supply chain
- The plot thickens: physicians who think like writers
- MKSAP changes course to meet internist's needs
New features to include hundreds of new questions, a Board preparation package and electronic updates
- Pigs feet and more at this year's Learning Center
New features include a session on the neurological exam; returning favorites include the 'model practice'
- Physicians join hands to provide care for the poor
- New College books: medical quotes, clinical medicine
- President's Column
The Internist of Today campaign: educating patients—and helping you
- College launches new clinical theme to help combat antibiotic resistance
- News briefs
- Washingon Perspective
How we keep in touch on issues like errors and drug management
- College Regent represents internists at White House event on patient rights
- Patients, not Medicare HMOs, should choose hospitalists
- OIG says physician-landlords should review rental agreements
- Obituaries —George W. Pedigo, Jr., MACP, Russell A. Palmer, MACP, Roman Marvin Bala, FACP, Dale Groom, FACP
- CME Bulletin Board
Internist Archives Quick Links
MKSAP 16 Holiday Special: Save 10%
Use MKSAP 16® to earn MOC points, prepare for ABIM exams and assess your clinical knowledge. For a limited time save 10% when you use priority code MK16TOP2!
Will You be Stumped? Try the Consult Guys and Earn Free CME
The Consult Guys have another stumper!