July/August 1999 Observer
- Community-based trials under scrutiny
Critics worry about conflicts of interest and quality of research
- Once the practice of last resort, prison medicine rebuilds its image
- Physician groups unite for universal coverage
- Why you need to start thinking about 'new genetics'
- News briefs
- A new way to meet your business needs: online services
- How to make sure your archived records are safe
Soggy or lost records not only jeopardize patient care—they can also lead to legal headaches
- How to bill for services performed when you're away
Medicare lets you bill for patient care performed by others—if you meet certain requirements
- Training in the 90's: solutions for new stresses
In addition to sleep deprivation and grueling workloads, housestaff today must cope with corporate shakeups
- Surviving the tug-of-war between career and family
Women physicians say that getting organized and learning to relax can help balance competing demands
- Write this down: ways to overcome burnout
- Chapter meetings
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
Two events, one voice: Leadership Day, OIG meeting showcase the 'new' College
- College working with coalition to develop outreach efforts
- College News
- Washington Perspective
A look at the College's top issues and where they stand in Congress
- Leadership Day
Internist's raise College profile at this year's Leadership Day
- Policy news
- A look at the work of three award-winning internists
- ACP-ASIM awards and new Masters
- ACP-ASIM announces winners of Student and Associate poster competition
View the ACP-ASIM Observer staff list
Send your Letters to the Editor to Edward Doyle, Executive Editor
To request the ACP-ASIM Observer subscription packet, contact ACP-ASIM Customer Service by phone at 800-523-1546, ext. 2600 or by e-mail. Please refer to product #011603, and allow two business days for a reply when e-mailing.
This Month's Poll:
Internist Archives Quick Links
Educators: Let Annals assist you with your teaching activities!
Annals for Educators Alerts include Clinical Practice Points, Quality Improvement, Humanism and Professionalism, and a MKSAP Morning Report question derived from MKSAP 16. Find out more!
Earn ABIM Practice Assessment Points
ACP now offers a variety of ABIM recertification resources to help you earn ABIM Maintenance of Certification Practice Assessment points!
See the resources on our Webpage.