Governors pass seven resolutions
SAN DIEGO—Before Annual Session, ACP's Board of Governors passed seven resolutions asking the College to do the following:
- support prohibitions against using, stockpiling, producing and transferring anti-personnel land mines and support the destruction of such weapons;
- help facilitate volunteer opportunities for internists in underserved areas;
- identify and promote appropriate sources of training and certification in quality assurance and utilization management;
- study the role of hospitalists;
- recommend that HCFA allow on-site attending physicians in primary care clinics to provide both direct and supervised-resident patient care during a clinic session without being disqualified from the HCFA primary care exemption rule;
- facilitate the granting of CME credits through College Web sites; and
- establish a process for ongoing evaluation of the structure and function of the Board of Governors.
The resolutions have been referred to the Board of Regents for further discussion and potential action.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Not an ACP Member?
Join today and discover the benefits waiting for you.
ACP offers different categories of membership depending on your career stage and professional status. View options, pricing and benefits.
A New Way to Ace the Boards!
Ensure you're board-exam ready with ACP's Board Prep Ace - a multifaceted, self-study program that prepares you to pass the ABIM Certification Exam in internal medicine. Learn more.