Governors pass seven resolutions
SAN DIEGO—Before Annual Session, ACP's Board of Governors passed seven resolutions asking the College to do the following:
- support prohibitions against using, stockpiling, producing and transferring anti-personnel land mines and support the destruction of such weapons;
- help facilitate volunteer opportunities for internists in underserved areas;
- identify and promote appropriate sources of training and certification in quality assurance and utilization management;
- study the role of hospitalists;
- recommend that HCFA allow on-site attending physicians in primary care clinics to provide both direct and supervised-resident patient care during a clinic session without being disqualified from the HCFA primary care exemption rule;
- facilitate the granting of CME credits through College Web sites; and
- establish a process for ongoing evaluation of the structure and function of the Board of Governors.
The resolutions have been referred to the Board of Regents for further discussion and potential action.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Fenway Guide to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health, 2nd Edition
This new edition reflects recent clinical and social changes and continues to present the important issues facing practitioners and their LGBT patients. Read more about the Guide. Also see ACP’s recent policy position paper on LGBT health disparities.
Join Us in Washington, DC for the Most Comprehensive Meeting in Internal Medicine
Register now and enjoy:
Discounted rates, the best national faculty, a wealth of clinical and practice management topics and hands-on sessions! Learn more about the meeting.