Governors pass seven resolutions
SAN DIEGO—Before Annual Session, ACP's Board of Governors passed seven resolutions asking the College to do the following:
- support prohibitions against using, stockpiling, producing and transferring anti-personnel land mines and support the destruction of such weapons;
- help facilitate volunteer opportunities for internists in underserved areas;
- identify and promote appropriate sources of training and certification in quality assurance and utilization management;
- study the role of hospitalists;
- recommend that HCFA allow on-site attending physicians in primary care clinics to provide both direct and supervised-resident patient care during a clinic session without being disqualified from the HCFA primary care exemption rule;
- facilitate the granting of CME credits through College Web sites; and
- establish a process for ongoing evaluation of the structure and function of the Board of Governors.
The resolutions have been referred to the Board of Regents for further discussion and potential action.
Internist Archives Quick Links
What will you learn from your Annals Virtual Patient?
Annals Virtual Patients is a unique patient care simulator that mirrors real patient care decisions and consequences. CME Credit and MOC Points are available. Start off with a FREE sample case. Start your journey now.
Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 Live Simulcast!
Unable to attend the meeting this year? On Saturday, May 2, seven sessions will be streamed live from the meeting. Register for the simulcast and earn CME credit after watching each session. Watch it live or download for later viewing.