Governors pass seven resolutions
SAN DIEGO—Before Annual Session, ACP's Board of Governors passed seven resolutions asking the College to do the following:
- support prohibitions against using, stockpiling, producing and transferring anti-personnel land mines and support the destruction of such weapons;
- help facilitate volunteer opportunities for internists in underserved areas;
- identify and promote appropriate sources of training and certification in quality assurance and utilization management;
- study the role of hospitalists;
- recommend that HCFA allow on-site attending physicians in primary care clinics to provide both direct and supervised-resident patient care during a clinic session without being disqualified from the HCFA primary care exemption rule;
- facilitate the granting of CME credits through College Web sites; and
- establish a process for ongoing evaluation of the structure and function of the Board of Governors.
The resolutions have been referred to the Board of Regents for further discussion and potential action.
Internist Archives Quick Links
Internal Medicine Meeting Early Registration Discount
Register early for Internal Medicine Meeting 2015 in Boston, MA to lock in the lowest possible rate. Learn more or register now!
Are You Using ACP Smart Medicine®?
This online clinical decision support tool is a FREE benefit of ACP membership delivering point-of-care access to evidence-based recommendations. Includes more than 500 modules, images and reference tables. Start now or watch the video tour.