From the May 1998 issue:
- ACP, other groups ask AMA to get out of credentialing
- Talking about end-of-life issues
- Postmerger unity already setting in
The ACP-ASIM merger takes place July 1, but joint efforts have begun
- In the Match, internal medicine leads primary care
- New ACP paper: private contracting threatens Medicare
- Governors pass seven resolutions
- Physicians can resubmit claims for urinalysis tests
- News briefs
- Is your practice prepared for the millennium bug?
If the year 2000 computer problem seems like a lot of hype, consider the possible consequences
- Internet use, privacy worries top new survey
- Helping impaired physicians get back into practice
How one successful Tennessee program helps its doctors overcome addictions and psychiatric disorders
- Chapter meetings
- Obituary: Charley J. Smyth, MACP
- CME Bulletin Board
- President's Column
- The dilemma of internists: caught in a box with technology
- Fellowship proposals due in June
- New ACP leaders to focus on postmerger unity, E/M guidelines
- ACP honors physicians, organizations for service
Annual Session News
- Can the hospitalist movement live up to its potential?
- For internists, lessons learned on coping with managed care
- Tips for detecting and preventing violent behavior in teens
- How to discern drug-seekers from patients really in pain
- ACP gives Evergreen Awards to outstanding chapters
- New ACP Masters
Internist Archives Quick Links
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals—FREE to ACP Members!
ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world’s top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.