From the March 1998 issue:
- What is internal medicine's future?
- Building—and rebuilding—a physician group for the future
- Are you ready for the new physician credentialing?
How new quality measures—not just the diplomas on your wall—will affect how you practice Expand it, shrink it, change it
- Training internists for success in the next century
- Subspecialists get boost from UCLA program
- A look at physician satisfaction in a time of change
- In N.M., one plan struggles to sell the 'hoopla' of disease management
- Despite managed care, internists are satisfied
- The ethical dilemma of genetic testing
The 'breast cancer' gene and the physician's role: an ethics case study
- How the new Stark II regulations will affect doctor pay
- Fraud and abuse case study: Are this practice's investment options legal?
- ACP's new approach to boosting access to health care
A College position paper calls for subsidized coverage and temporary assistance for those between jobs
- Task force addresses local issues for imminent ACP-ASIM merger
- Getting past the problems of patient referrals
Culprits include generalists who don't send test results and consultants who never return patients
- When shopping for a computer, how much is enough?
Here's how to decide if you need the latest technology, or just enough power and speed to get by
- Three government Web sites a boon for patient care
- Amid flat stipends, resident pay an issue for some
- Questions about student loans? Just ask.
- World-class zoo, other 'must' sites to see in San Diego
- Fresh fish, produce shape the San Diego dining scene
- President's Column
- Advance medical directives: Have you done enough for your patients?
- New ACP book: stories from one internist's practice
- ACP on firearm injury prevention: counseling, legislation needed
Also in this issue
Internist Archives Quick Links
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.