New ACP-ASIM Governors named
Starting July 1, the College's Board of Governors will add 20 new Governors to incorporate leaders of the American Society of Internal Medicine (ASIM).
The expanded board will help guide the ACP-ASIM merger, which is expected to be finalized this spring and take effect July 1. The 20 new Governors will have full voting privileges and will serve for terms of one and two years.
In addition, eight to 10 additional Governors will be elected to newly created positions and added permanently to the Board of Governors. These additional Governors will represent internists in the more populous regions of the country; candidates have yet to be named. Responsibilities of both groups of Governors are currently being delineated by a team of ACP Governors and ASIM component-society presidents.
The following are the new Governors appointed to one-year terms:
- Jonathan Appelbaum, FACP, Massachusetts
- William T. Belt, ACP Member, Texas
- John F. DeCarli, ACP Member, Delaware
- Richard S. Frankenstein, FACP, California
- Richard P. Holm, FACP, South Dakota
- Andrea M. Kielich, ACP Member, Oregon
- Andre L. Laz, ACP Member, Florida
- J. Fred Ralston Jr., FACP, Tennessee
- Janelle A. Rhyne, FACP, North Carolina
- John F. Schneider, FACP, Illinois
The following were appointed to two-year terms:
- A. Paul Dallas, FACP, Virginia
- Yul D. Ejnes, FACP, Rhode Island
- Lawrence L. Faltz, ACP Member, New York
- William E. Golden, FACP, Arkansas
- B. Mark Hess, FACP, Ohio
- Lawrence M. Lehrner, FACP, Nevada
- Warren Lovinger, FACP, Missouri
- Gary M. Smith, ACP Member, Louisiana
- Eric G. Tangalos, FACP, Minnesota
- Susan L. Turney, FACP, Wisconsin
Internist Archives Quick Links
Reviews of the World's Top Medical Journals—FREE to ACP Members!
ACP JournalWiseSM is mobile optimized with optional email alerts! Get access to reviews from over 120 of the world’s top medical journals alerting you to the highest quality, most clinically relevant new articles based on your preferred areas of specialty. ACP Members register your FREE account now!
New CME Option: Internal Medicine 2014 Recordings
New CME Package
Includes 75 of the most popular sessions in internal medicine and the subspecialties. Stream the sessions, answer brief quizzes and earn CME credit. See details.