New ACP-ASIM Governors named
Starting July 1, the College's Board of Governors will add 20 new Governors to incorporate leaders of the American Society of Internal Medicine (ASIM).
The expanded board will help guide the ACP-ASIM merger, which is expected to be finalized this spring and take effect July 1. The 20 new Governors will have full voting privileges and will serve for terms of one and two years.
In addition, eight to 10 additional Governors will be elected to newly created positions and added permanently to the Board of Governors. These additional Governors will represent internists in the more populous regions of the country; candidates have yet to be named. Responsibilities of both groups of Governors are currently being delineated by a team of ACP Governors and ASIM component-society presidents.
The following are the new Governors appointed to one-year terms:
- Jonathan Appelbaum, FACP, Massachusetts
- William T. Belt, ACP Member, Texas
- John F. DeCarli, ACP Member, Delaware
- Richard S. Frankenstein, FACP, California
- Richard P. Holm, FACP, South Dakota
- Andrea M. Kielich, ACP Member, Oregon
- Andre L. Laz, ACP Member, Florida
- J. Fred Ralston Jr., FACP, Tennessee
- Janelle A. Rhyne, FACP, North Carolina
- John F. Schneider, FACP, Illinois
The following were appointed to two-year terms:
- A. Paul Dallas, FACP, Virginia
- Yul D. Ejnes, FACP, Rhode Island
- Lawrence L. Faltz, ACP Member, New York
- William E. Golden, FACP, Arkansas
- B. Mark Hess, FACP, Ohio
- Lawrence M. Lehrner, FACP, Nevada
- Warren Lovinger, FACP, Missouri
- Gary M. Smith, ACP Member, Louisiana
- Eric G. Tangalos, FACP, Minnesota
- Susan L. Turney, FACP, Wisconsin
Internist Archives Quick Links
ACP Clinical Shorts
Expert Education on Your Schedule
Short videos deliver highly focused answers to challenging clinical situations seen in practice and are a terrific way to earn CME credit on-the-go. See more.
New: Free Modules from ACP Practice Advisor!
Keep your practice moving in the right direction. ACP Practice Advisor is offering four modules that you and your staff can try for free. Get to know the premier online practice management tool at no risk. Explore the modules.